How does the First Minister’s announcement on 20th April affect your services?
We welcome the First Minister's most recent announcement and the confirmation of the easing of restrictions. For Edinburgh Leisure this currently means:
- Leisure centres have opened for individual exercise on the 26th of April, including gyms, swimming pools, indoor court hire, racquet sports and children's coaching. We have contacted customers directly with specific venue and activity restart information.
- Adult group fitness may open on 17th May dependent on continued lifting of restrictions by the government.
- Our golf courses remain open (weather permitting). Four-balls are now permitted and from 16th April, you have been able to travel anywhere in Scotland for the purpose of recreation or exercise, providing you do not stay away from your local council overnight.
- Our outdoor tennis courts remain open (weather permitting). You can read the latest guidelines from Tennis Scotland here.
- From the 5th of April, contact sports resumed for 12-17-year-olds.
- From the 19th of April, community access to high school sports facilities restarted with access to outdoor pitches.
- Under 18s - All organised sports and activities are permitted, provided appropriate safety measures are followed.
- Adults - Up to 15 people can take part in outdoor non-contact sports, organised group exercise, personal training and coaching, provided appropriate measures are followed.
- We will continue live-streaming fitness classes, with membership and pay-as-you-go options available. Find out more here.
Please bear with us and continue to check our website for further updates and booking information. We are looking forward to welcoming our customers back.
You can read the Scottish Government's timetable for easing restrictions here.
How does the First Minister's latest announcements affect the activities you are able to offer?
We welcome the First Minister's most recent announcement and the easing of restrictions. For Edinburgh Leisure this currently means: Leisure centres opened for individual exercise on the 26th of April, including gyms, swimming pools, indoor court ...
What is new/has changed since you were last open?
During lockdown, despite being closed, we've continued to invest in our venues and services. Here's some new activities and changes you'll see in our venues: We're delighted to be reopening our ‘Refresh’ cafes at the Royal Commonwealth Pool and Level ...
I am on an Active Communities programme. What is happening to these?
Our Active Communities programme supports around 10,000 people a year to get active to improve their health and wellbeing. Keeping active during the Coronavirus pandemic brings many benefits for your physical and mental health. However, this is ...
Why can’t I get through to your Customer Services team?
As you will appreciate we have been receiving a higher volume of calls than normal. If you can't get through to us please: Use the online 'Ask Us' chat function or Click this link to submit an enquiry.
What is open?
All our venues reopened on 26th April. You can see the list of these on the Venues home page of our website. Our centres are open for individual exercise including the below. These are all be bookable on our website and app: gym sessions and 1 to 1 ...