How does the First Minister's latest announcements affect the activities you are able to offer?
We welcome the First Minister's most recent announcement and the easing of restrictions. For Edinburgh Leisure this currently means:
- Leisure centres opened for individual exercise on the 26th of April, including gyms, swimming pools, indoor court hire, racquet sports and children's coaching.
- Adult group fitness may restart on 17th May dependent on continuing relaxation of restrictions by the Scottish Government.
- Our golf courses remain open (weather permitting).
- Our outdoor tennis courts remain open (weather permitting). You can read the latest guidelines from Tennis Scotland here.
- Contact sports for 12-17 year olds resumed from the 5th of April.
- From the 19th of April, community access to high school sports facilities restarted with access to outdoor pitches. If you are a club with a booking with us, our team will be in touch directly.
- We will continue live streaming fitness classes, with membership and pay-as-you-go options available. Find out more here.
Please bear with us and continue to check our website as we work through these changes. We are looking forward to bringing them into force as we work our way towards greater normality.
You can read the Scottish Government's timetable for easing restrictions here.
How does the First Minister’s announcement on 20th April affect your services?
We welcome the First Minister's most recent announcement and the confirmation of the easing of restrictions. For Edinburgh Leisure this currently means: Leisure centres have opened for individual exercise on the 26th of April, including gyms, ...
What is new/has changed since the last time you were open?
During lockdown, despite being closed, we've continued to invest in our venues and services. Here's some new activities and changes you'll see in our venues: We're delighted to be reopening our ‘Refresh’ cafes at the Royal Commonwealth Pool and Level ...
What is open?
All our venues reopened on 26th April. You can see the list of these on the Venues home page of our website. Our centres are open for individual exercise including the below. These are all be bookable on our website and app: gym sessions and 1 to 1 ...
I am on an Active Communities programme. What is happening to these?
Our Active Communities programme supports around 10,000 people a year to get active to improve their health and wellbeing. Keeping active during the Coronavirus pandemic brings many benefits for your physical and mental health. However, this is ...
I'm not confident swimming lengths - can I swim in the pools?
We have introduced new bookable relaxed sessions for adults at Portobello Swim Centre and the Royal Commonwealth Pool. These sessions are for any adult who is not comfortable or able to swim lengths in our lane swimming sessions. The pool is divided ...