What changes are happening for coaching lessons as we move 'beyond Level 0'?
This term starts w/c Monday 16th August and
ends Wednesday 22nd December with coaching running throughout October
holidays. You can see our full term dates on our website.
Following the First Minister’s announcement on 3rd of
August regarding the move to ‘beyond level 0’ we continue
to review the government and sport body
guidance and make changes to our services and operating
arrangements. We will continue to introduce changes safely in our venues
over the coming weeks and months, so please continue to visit this page for the
latest updates. As ever, the safety of our staff and customers is our
- We've removed all temporary entrances and exits and welcome you back through our front doors again.
- Our changing rooms, toilets, lockers, showers (soap and shampoo allowed) and hairdryers are available to use. You no longer have to arrive 'beach ready' - of course you can do so if you find it easier.
- Coaching parents/customers can wait in our venues again. Generally, there are no spectating areas for our sports coaching classes but there are waiting areas if you need to stay in the building. This can vary depending on the size and layout of the venue. Whether we ask you to stay in the building or not depends on the the age of your child:
- Adult and Baby/Toddler/Child classes (up to 3 years old):-
an accompanying adult is required for the duration of the class and must be
able to take part and assist the child in all activities.
- Children 3 – 5 years (pre school): Parents/carers of these independent preschoolers must
remain in the venue throughout the class and may be called upon during the
session if needed.
- Children 5 (P1+) – 8 years: Parents/carers of our participants may
leave the building once the child is safely in their class but should return to
the delivery area at the end of the session to collect their child.
- Children 9 years+ : children may arrive and leave classes
- Please make sure we have the correct emergency contact
details for you if you are leaving the building.
- Some venues have more spacing than other so where possible please minimise the number of people coming into the building, especially if they are not taking part in activities
- Face coverings are still required in our buildings including children aged 5 and above (see below). Our swim teachers and coaching staff are no longer required to wear face coverings while they deliever their classes but will wear them as they move elsewhere around the building
- In our independent 3-5 yrs Gym Nippers, Gym and Jump, Jump and Dive
classes our coaches can go back to physically supporting the children and
so an accompanying adult is not required. However, to help the children
adjust, you may still attend class to support the transition of your child
to the independent class. From 6 September all accompanying adults will be
asked to leave the classes. Please note 18 month-3 year old classes always
require an accompanying aduld.
We will be introducing further changes e.g.
increasing capacity levels in activities, but on a gradual basis. We are
reviewing the guidance available from the Scottish Government, sportscotland
and the National Governing Bodies of Sport and adapting our operational
arrangements to ensure that we continue to provide you with a safe and
We all have a part to play
Everyone has a part to play in
keeping each other safe and making sure Edinburgh Leisure venues are enjoyable
places to visit. So, please continue to:
- Wear your face covering when in our
buildings if you are 5 or over (when not partaking in your activity).
- Respect the personal space of other
customers and Edinburgh Leisure employees – give people space!
- Clean your equipment before and
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
We will update you as and when we make further changes but
please continue to check our website's Covid-19 Update page and our Ask Us pages for the latest information.
Best wishes and see you soon!
How do I move my child to a different class?
If you want to move time, day or venue: 1. Click Here and have a look at our timetable of lessons on our website for classes at the same level as you/your child are currently at. 2. Note the details of class/es which would suit you. 3. Click here and ...
Have school swim lessons returned?
We are continuing to introduce changes in a considered way to our venues now that we are 'beyond level 0'. As part of this work we are delighted to be welcoming our local schools back into the pool again for their school swim lessons. Swimming is a ...
How To Register On Our Coaching Lesson Home Portal
Our Coaching Lesson Home Portal allows you to track and monitor your child(ren')s progress. You are also able to move your booking to the next level - you will receive a confirmation email when you can do this. Please follow these steps to register; ...
How To Book On To Our Coaching Lessons?
We offer a wide variety of coaching lessons for both Adults and Children across all our venues. These include; Athletics Badminton Basketball Boccia Climbing Dance Diving Football Gymnastics Judo Rugby Swimming Tennis Trampoline Our coaching lessons ...
What does the First Minister's latest announcement mean for extended let customers?
We're delighted that the First Minister confirmed that the country would move beyond Level 0 from Monday 9th August. As shared on Wednesday 4th August, we were reviewing Scottish Government guidance (for the physical activity and sport sector) ...