What does the First Minister's latest announcement mean for sports pitch customers?
We're delighted that the First
Minister confirmed that the country would move beyond Level 0 from Monday 9th
As shared on Wednesday 4th
August, we were reviewing Scottish Government guidance (for the physical
activity and sport sector) before introducing any significant changes to how we
operate. We can now confirm what the impact of moving 'beyond Level 0' is for
sports pitch users (including Saughton, Meggetland and Jack Kane). These
changes are coming into effect immediately unless stated otherwise below:
- There are no physical distancing
requirements. However we still require customers to respect each others space
when inside our buildings.
- We are removing the 30-minute gap between
matches for Football League Bookings from Saturday 21st August 2021.
- Due to different levels of ventilation in
our facilities we are able to open some of our changing rooms but not others.
Details as follows:
- changing rooms, lockers and showers in Meggetland and Jack Kane will be
open. You can access these from 15 minutes before your booking and
until 15 minutes after the end of your booking. No food is allowed in the
changing rooms and we ask that you bring your own refillable water bottle.
- changing facilities will remain closed at Saughton and our other pitch
We've all a part to play in
keeping each other safe. So please continue to:
- wear your face covering when inside our
- respect the personal space of customers
and Edinburgh Leisure employees when inside our buildings - give people
- stay home if you feel unwell.